Friday, September 16, 2011

Another update from Steve

September 15, 2011


Another few days have flown by and we have been able to create some wonderful, personal memories for Emelie and me. Our deepest thanks to everyone for your cards, letters, and emails of love and appreciation for Julie. I have read each of them to her and she has acknowledged each one with a nod of her head and a smile. I am continually amazed at how many people she has touched during her brief forty-seven years of life. I am also contemplating how many more souls she will touch and inspire in the Spirit World where she will go next. I have no doubt whatsoever that she will continue on doing the work of our Father In Heaven to help, uplift and inspire countless souls in the Spirit World to come.

Julie is now in the final days of her life. Over the last two to three days her condition has continued to decline; she is in bed most of the time now, asleep or in a semi-conscious state. Her voice has been reduced to a faint whisper, and when she does speak, most of the things she says don’t make too much sense to us (although I am sure they make perfect sense to her!) Her nurse told me today that she will most likely pass away sometime in the next few days, with a week left at most. I cannot believe how fast the time has passed by since the onset of her symptoms in early June. Today, I spent many hours just sitting with her, holding her hand and saying nothing. Although no words were spoken between us, the love between us has never been stronger and I am grateful for these tender moments of reflection with her. Emelie came in tonight and sat and held her hand also which I know is a great comfort to Julie. Even though she is sleeping, I know that she is aware of our presence. Despite her condition, she continues to radiate love to all those around her.

Again, thank you all for your love and support. Please know that we love you and care about you very much. We trust in God and in His Plan and have no doubt whatsoever that Julie will continue to live on through the eternities. I just have to live the best life I can so I can be with her again, forever. I will do my very best to do so.

2 Comments:

At September 16, 2011 at 8:00 AM , Blogger Ruth said...

Julie, Steve, and Emelie
I just wanted to share a conversation that I had with a little boy at East Elementary at the fund raiser. I guess he was maybe in the 2nd or 3rd grade. He was holding his little sisters hand and he asked me about the cotton candy and I told him it was to help raise money for Julie Shinn who was the secretary in the office. He knew who she was and he said "the office will never be the same without her"! She has touched many lives for good with her kindness and love including our family.

Ruth

 
At September 18, 2011 at 12:08 PM , Blogger Park's said...

I just wanted to tell your wonderful family how much you have touched my life forever. I will never forget the kindness and help you gave us after our twins were born. I look up to you so much Julie and am so blessed to know you. I hope I can serve others like you have always done. What a great example you are! Thanks for everything! I love you and want you to know you are in our thoughts and prayers.
Love,
Kristen

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home