Monday, September 19, 2011

Update from Steve

September 18, 2011

Hi everyone,

Here is the latest update I can give you about my sweet wife. Julie has been unresponsive (but comfortable and not feeling any pain) since Friday Sept. 16. She is not able to communicate with us nor is she responding to any requests or outside stimuli. HOWEVER, I must tell you that she looks well; she is completely peaceful and has a glow about her that is comforting to us. Her face has relaxed completely and there are no visible signs that she is in any pain. I am so grateful that she is resting and will not have to endure that terrible pain any longer.

Julie’s dad and his wife are staying with us and I am pleased that they are here. I feel very bad for Barry (Julie’s dad) as he had to watch Julie’s mother go through a similar struggle with cancer when she was only 46. Having to watch his beloved daughter go through many of the same things when she is only 47 must be heart-wrenching for him. However, he is a strong person and having him here has been a tremendous comfort to Emelie and me.
Off and on this weekend we have had Julie’s brother and sister and their families visit her as well. It has been good for them to spend time with her while she is still with us and be able to express their love and appreciation for her and for the wonderful person that she is. Tonight we all had a delicious dinner together before everyone had to go their separate ways, but it was great to have everyone here.

These past few days I have spent a lot of time with Julie, just us two, alone in the bedroom. Even though she cannot speak and is not awake, I still feel her wonderful love, compassion and concern for Emelie and I in a very strong way. Sometimes I feel as if she is holding on just to make sure that we will be o.k. and that she has not left anything unfinished. I have assured her many times that, as much as we will miss her, it is o.k. to leave and greet her departed loved ones on the other side of the veil. It is hard for me to tell her that, but I know she needs to be assured that it is o.k. for her to leave and not have to suffer any longer in her diseased body. I have no doubt whatsoever that after her spirit leaves her body, she will be welcomed into the arms of a loving and kind Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ where they will tell her “well done, thou good and faithful servant.” Julie deserves every bit of rest she is entitled to in the next life, because she definitely has earned it here. 

Thanks again to everyone for your continued love and prayers. Our family has really felt these prayers and I know that your prayers have allowed us to continue with hearts uplifted and countenances cheered. We love you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home